Thursday, February 23, 2012

Can I still add The Sims 2 Bon Voyage to my PC without slowing it down?

Hello there!



I have The Sims 2 Nightlife, Seasons, Apartment Life and Kitchen and Bath Stuff installed to my PC. The game hooked me to the core. I want to install Bon Voyage after reading good reviews about it. However, I fear that my computer would slow down or crash for having too much expansion packs. Right now, my PC is still fast and smooth. If I add Bon Voyage to my game, would my device's performance become painfully slow? Here are the specs of my CPU:



Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional v5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2000

Processor Speed: 1252 Mhz

Internal storage memory: 74.4 GB

RAM: 1.8 GB

Graphics Chip: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X

Video Card: 128 MB



Games Installed:

-The Sims 2 with Expansion Packs: Nightlife, Seasons, Kitchen and Bath Interior Design Stuff, and Apartment Life

-Plants vs Zombies

-Sally's Salon

-Burger Shop 2

-Prime Suspects

-Bookworm Adventures

-Preloaded Windows games like Pinball and Solitaire



Applications Installed:

-Perfect Optimizer

-Youtube Downloader

-AVS Video Converter 7

-Adobe Reader 9

-Spyware Doctor

-BitTorrent



Other files:

-around 50 Microsoft Word Files

-around 10 Photos



I perform computer clean ups and defragmentations every week. I may delete some games and other files if it means having Bon Voyage.



Do you also know some tips in maximizing computer performance? If so, please share them to me!



Thanks in advance!Can I still add The Sims 2 Bon Voyage to my PC without slowing it down?
As long as you have enough space on the hard drive for that expansion pack, it won't slow down your PC. Your graphics card is pretty outdated. Upgrading to a better one like a Geforce 6200 with 256MB of graphics memory would significantly improve your PC's performance. Also minimize unnecessary start up processes like Limewire, auto-updaters, multiple scanners, etc. They just eat up RAM. If you have large remaining RAM available during gaming, there is minimal accessing of Virtual Memory. Virtual Memory is very SLOW.
  • unique baby boy names
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment