Thursday, February 23, 2012

El Camino- what make a great camino?

There's a guy at burger shop who's selling his el camino, he's not sure if he wants to sell it so hes thinking about it, but he said he'd probbably like 5,000$ for it. I thought that was trainable dice I was going to spend about 5 on an old car and I did some research and was surprised to find such a variety of prices for the caminos. Some are 3-5 thousand others 15-30 thousand... So my question is why such a difference? What makes an el camino 30,000? How do I clasify this one for sale to find a suitable price? I'm not sure of it's year yet (mid 70's I think) but it's beautifull, not a scratch on it, new tires, sounds great. I didn't get a chance to talk to him much, when he let's me know if he wants to sell for sure I'll have a closer look.El Camino- what make a great camino?
an "ss" model is super collectable rig. these are rare, have powerful engines, and can fetch top dollar from collectors. different combinations are very rare and thus valuable. engine size, differential, air conditioning, bucket seats, factory engine upgrades, all this stuff gets reallly finely detailed to the super educated collector.



lower grade models have smaller engines, less fancy trim and are "plain jane".



a late 60's camino with a bigblock 396 and a 4 speed, "ss" trim etc can go for 25,000 easily.



the same late 60's camino with a puny 307 engine and a 2 speed powerglide with dorky looking hubcaps in the exact same condition may only bring 5-8k.El Camino- what make a great camino?
If it's all original, (not re-done / restored, it's not worth as much unless it's in perfect condition.

If it has been restored, it will be worth a LOT more as it is very expensive having a car restored.El Camino- what make a great camino?
big motor, 4 speed overdrive, 3.73 gears, wide tires, cool paint job, and lower it. those are the ones that go for high $$$
I think you can get The Black Keys album el camino for about ten bucks

No comments:

Post a Comment