Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why is America as a whole obese or overweight? Could this be the A to the Q?

So everyone is saying that we are overweight and obese and test show it and I guess I agree because I see it everywhere %26amp; maybe experiance a few extra lbs myself as well as some in the family but def. not big time overweight. Still, we're not in the shape we want to be. Well the other day we went shopping and I had it on my mind to shop healthy and buy healthy food like veggies and fruits and fish etc. To my surprise all the healthy stuff was expensive. You try to buy chicken, steak, fish and it's $$$ I was really disappointed b/c every healthy meal I planned was out the window...due to budget. Well we kept going down the aisle and what do you know pizza's and burger patties a lot cheaper than any of the health food. If you go to a fast food place you get fatty foods for like $1.00 off the dollar menu BUT a salad costs like $5.00. It's def. more expensive to eat healthy..%26amp; exercise man...if we had the time. Of course I believe in strong will equals great results. Ur opinion on subject?Why is America as a whole obese or overweight? Could this be the A to the Q?
I agree with you on the expense. You can do small things though like buy skim milk instead of whole...things like that. Anything helps. Americans are just lazier than they used to be. When I was a kid, we went outside and played everyday...ran, jumped, skipped, etc. Now, kids stay inside in front of the TV, computer, or video games. I think a lot of it, too, has to do with both parents working....there's less time for family time. I remember in the summers, my mom would take my sister and I swimming everyday. We couldn't have done that if she worked. I don't think it's just one thing. I think it's a combination of things that causes people to be overweight.Why is America as a whole obese or overweight? Could this be the A to the Q?
You are right about health food. It isn't cheap and the dollar menu is. There is another factor that science has found to be a problem also. In the 2004 Newsweek Aug. 23 issue they had a cover story about how obesity is linked to toxins. Some of the other information I've read also mentions the lack of nutrients our food has and that when our body doesn't get the nutrients it needs it keeps craving food so we eat more and more. There is some info at www.drspeaksout.com and at www.loseweightfeelgreat.isagenix.com

No comments:

Post a Comment