Monday, February 20, 2012

Vegans & veggers how do you fell about purchasing meat for others?

My brother asked me to buy him a chicken burger the other day. I bought it for him, but it felt way weird ordering it. Or if I鈥檓 grocery shopping for my mum, she may ask me to buy meat.



How do you feel about buying meat (even though your not eating it)?

Does it bother you too?

Why?Vegans %26amp; veggers how do you fell about purchasing meat for others?
I can only speak for myself:



My husband is omni, and I do all the shopping, so sometimes I can't get out of buying meat.



Honestly, I really really hate it. It bothers me because I can't help "seeing" all those dead animals, packaged with pricetags, and seeing all the customers picking through the packages and deciding which ones they're going to cook and eat that evening. It sickens me to even be near it.



It bothers me even more to be SEEN in the meat department purchasing meat, so I avoid it as often as possible. I'm proud that I'm vegan, and I love the way people look at my groceries on the checkout conveyor belt - tofu, soy milk, whole grains, LOTS of fresh fruits and vegetables and NOTHING processed - and then look at their own grocery order and frown. I KNOW it makes them think about their lifestyle.



Anyways, that's just me.
If this is a friend or relative who has been non-judgemental and/or supportive of my diet, I buy it for them. I may not like it, but I think it is rude to refuse to do them a favor, especially as it's not going to change their diet in any way.

If they are the judgemental type (which makes it highly unlikely they would be my friends to begin with), I'd tell them to take a hike.Vegans %26amp; veggers how do you fell about purchasing meat for others?
It doesn't bother me. My mom used to give me a shopping list when I have to get the groceries and of course there would be a few pounds of meat somewhere on that list. I just go ahead and get all items on the list because it's just a chore that I have to do. Now, when I visit, my dad would sometimes ask me to make some of the meat dishes that I used to cook before I became veggie. I do too while jokingly telling my dad that I hope he doesn't expect me to eat it too. He turns a bit red, just smiles sheepishly and says " Well hon, you can't blame me for trying...". I smile back, give him a hug, and say "Thanks Dad..". No fuss, no tantrums, no arguments.
It doesn't bother me. My mom used to give me a shopping list when I have to get the groceries and of course there would be a few pounds of meat somewhere on that list. I just go ahead and get all items on the list because it's just a chore that I have to do. Now, when I visit, my dad would sometimes ask me to make some of the meat dishes that I used to cook before I became veggie. I do too while jokingly telling my dad that I hope he doesn't expect me to eat it too. He turns a bit red, just smiles sheepishly and says " Well hon, you can't blame me for trying...". I smile back, give him a hug, and say "Thanks Dad..". No fuss, no tantrums, no argumentsVegans %26amp; veggers how do you fell about purchasing meat for others?
Hiya,



Yeah I feel a bit awkward. I do put meat in the trolley at the supermarket, because I must respect other family members decision. I hate buying meat for them though.



It doesn't feel right inside.







Scottie x :-)
If it is already cooked it doesn't bother me much, but when it is raw it really grosses me out especially when it is near those big brisketts of meat. But I buy it anyway a couple of times a month for my man:)
I've never been in that situation so can not relate
i hate the sight and smell of meat, but if mum or my sister ask me to buy them something i will.



PROVIDING that i can find what it is they want. i've been veg or vegan my entire life and have no idea in hell what to buy. like if they say 'oh get me some mince' i get to the supermarket and have to ask the ppl there what animal it is and what i'd buy if somebody told me to get it for them. it's all so confusing. i'm the same with milk too and have to ask ppl which one to get - do you realise how many different types of milk there are? hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment