Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sub shop question-- people 30+ and under .....?

Are you like me? You remember what a REAL sub is like-- from a real ma and pa sub shop? Great crusty bread, real Italian meats and cheeses, good olive oil and vinegar, lettuce, tomato, mayo all wrapped up in a greasy paper wrapper? A couple of burgers falling off the roll covered in melted cheese and caramelized fried onion-- so big you couldn't finish it? Do you find it sad now that most kids think a sub is one of those assembly-line things from Subway in the plastic bag that all tastes the same? I don't know who I pity more-- the kids now who don't know any better or me since that bland preprocessed crap is taking over the world.Sub shop question-- people 30+ and under .....?
I dream everyday of a true hoagie from any of the original Philadelphia neighborhood sandwich shops. Real thin sliced onion, scoop the roll a little bit. I find it very disheartening when I see a sign advertising "Real Philadelphia Hoagies" or "Philly steak sandwiches", and you go inside to get one of these originals and it's on a big hot dog bun. Makes me want to scream. :0Sub shop question-- people 30+ and under .....?
I wholly agree! Subway is gross!Sub shop question-- people 30+ and under .....?
If you are in the Rochester, NY area or in Ann Arbor, MI (that's where I found them) Dibella's Subs are just like that- thick chewy soft bread, real salami, capicola, and ham, and tasty hot peppers- great stuff. Jimmy John's is much better than Subway as well... but nothing like Dibella's.
You are SO right... I don't settle though.... If you look hard enough there's still a couple left...

No comments:

Post a Comment